The Holt School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The Holt School is a popular and oversubscribed 11-16 girls and 16-18 co-ed comprehensive school situated on a beautiful site with excellent accommodation. It is a vibrant community where students and staff learn and thrive together. We are one of the top 100 performing non-selective schools based on the percentage of our students achieving five or more A* – C grades at GCSE including English and Maths. In addition we are in the:
Top 12% nationally for progress made by pupils between KS2 and KS4, School Comparison site
The ethos of academic excellence combined with character development ensures that Holt students leave us prepared for responsible adulthood taking with them principled values that will impact positively on their own lives and those of others to make for a better world.
Our dedicated staff enjoy the following
- Teaching staff receive a laptop
- High quality CPD is available for all staff at all levels
- Staff can leave the site during a PPA period
- Cover supervisors are used to ensure ‘rarely cover’
- All staff are offered free flu vaccinations
- All staff work in a comfortable environment
- Coffee and home-made cakes on a Thursday break time
- An active staff room committee overseeing social events