We are very proud of our school uniform and expect high standards in personal appearance. Parents should ensure that their daughter has the correct uniform and that it is clean and in good repair. Students must ensure that they have sufficient quantity of each uniform item to wear the correct items every day. A smart personal appearance helps focus students on their work and thereby supports learning.
THE HOLT SCHOOL COLOURS ARE DARK NAVY BLUE, SCARLET RED AND WHITE (Burgundy, Dark Red and Cream are not part of The Holt colours)
- A Holt navy blazer with the school badge from the school suppliers
- Plain dark navy stitch down pleat skirt or navy trouser that must be the style from school suppliers
- Blue/white striped blouse
- V-neck navy jumper with badge. Cardigans are not part of our school uniform.
- Any coloured, plain coat is permitted i.e blue, red, black, white, green or Denim/denim look materials, leather or velourare not permitted.
- Plain tights in OPAQUE navy blue or black. Tights should always be worn to school. Skin coloured or patterned tights are not acceptable. Navy or black ankle or trainer socks are allowed in the summer term.
- School shoes must be black leather or lace up canvas. Boots and trainers are not allowed.
- Hijabs/Headscarves need to be plain navy blue, red, black or white
- Red sports jumper with school badge from school supplier.
- White cotton polo shirt with embroidered or printed initials on the outside left hand side in letters about 1.5cm high
- Navy blue skort
- Three-quarter length red hockey socks
- Low cut trainers (any colour)
- Optional navy blue tracksuit bottoms
- Black sportswear leggings
- Black leotard (optional)
- Shin pads and gum shields (recommended)
Uniform may be ordered from:
Hawkinsport and Son – (Monday-Saturday
Unit 10A Wessex Road, Bourne End, Bucks, SL8 5DT
Tel: 01628 819242
11-12 Market Place Reading
Tel: 01189 596462
JEWELLERY AND HAIRSTYLES
- A wristwatch is permitted and one plain stud may be worn in each ear. Sikh students are allowed to wear the Kara.
- No other jewellery is allowed in the interests of safety and security and a Kara must be removed or covered for PE lessons.
- If students have any other piercings, including nose studs, they will be asked to remove them and this includes retainers.
- Discreet, concealer make up is allowed. Mascara, lipstick, eyeshadow, eyebrow make-up or blusher are not allowed.
- We do not allow nail varnish, false nails or eye lash extensions to be worn in school.
- All students are required to tie their hair back where it is long enough to do so throughout the school day.
- Unnatural hair colours are not allowed.
- Afro-textured hair can be worn in styles such as afros, locs, twists, braids, cornrows, fades, hair straightened through the application of heat or chemicals, weaves and Hairstyles cannot be an unnatural colour. Afro-textured hair in any style that is long enough to do so needs to be tied back.
Headphones need to be provided for music and language lessons (iPod headphones are fine). Apart from in music and language lessons, headphones are not to be worn at any other time during the school day.
All items brought in to school should be clearly marked with the owner’s name. Students need to take full responsibility for their equipment, uniform and personal possessions.